Asian Beef Tacos (#1684)
Asian Beef Main
Share This Recipe
- 2 pounds Flank Steak 2 each
- 1 Teriyaki Sauce 1 bottle teriyaki sauce (I like garlic and green onion style), as needed
- 1 Thai Peanut Sauce 1 bottle, as needed
- 2 bunches Cilantro large bunches, coarsely chopped
- 2 bunches Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1 Flour Tortillas or homestyle corn tortillas
- 14 oz Coleslaw Mix 1 package
- 4 oz Mung Bean Sprouts 1 package
- 1 large White Onion chopped
- 1 Peanuts chopped
- 1 Red Hot Pepper Sauce sricha sauce or other hot asian sauce
- In a large sauté or fry pan, brown each flank steak in hot olive oil. Just brown each side.
- Chop 1 bunch each cilantro and green onions.
- In a large crock pot, add one third of the chopped veggies and enough of the teriyaki and peanut sauces to cover the bottom of the crockpot.
- Put one flank steak on top of this layer.
- Take one half of remaining sauces and pour over the flank steak. Top with 1/2 remaining veggies.
- Top with 2nd flank steak and put remaining veggies on top. Cover with remaining sauces.
- Bake on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove flank steaks from sauce and refrigerate until quite cold.
- Take sauce/veggie mixture and put in a sauce pan; simmer on low for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- When steaks are cold, cut into 1/2 inch slices across the grain.
- Return meat to clean crockpot or microwave safe casserole dish.
- Top with sauce you have simmered to remove impurities from meat.
- Heat thoroughly, carefully mixing meat to be covered by sauce.
- Put remaining ingredients (except tortillas) in serving dishes.
- Heat tortillas.
- Serve tacos. Individuals take a tortilla, add meat/sauce mixture, and top with the veggie and crunchy toppings.