Amazin' Raisin Cake (#1683)
Cakes Desserts Nuts
Share This Recipe
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream or mayonnaise or yoghurt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cloves ground
- 3 cups Apples peeled, chopped
- 1 cup Seedless Raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts coarsely chopped
- Grease and flour two 9 inch round baking pans.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat first ten ingredients 2 minutes, scraping bowl frequently.
- Batter will be very thick.
- With spoon, stir in apples, raisins and nuts.
- Spoon batter into pans; bake at 350° f (180° c) f for 45 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove, cool.
- Fill and frost with 2 cups whipped cream.