Leek, Potato and Kielbasa Soup (#1680)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Leeks sliced, white part only, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 medium Potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound Polish Kielbasa Sausage diced
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Arugula (Roquette) thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers finely diced, for garnish
- In a small skillet toast the fennel seed over moderate heat until very fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and cook the leek until very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and potatoes and bring to boil.
- Simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the toasted fennel, kielbasa, cream and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Before serving stir in the arugula.
- Garnish with red bell pepper.