Pasta with Rapini, Toasted Garlic, Bread Crumbs and Parmesan (#1678)
Pastas Main Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil or as needed
- 5 cloves Garlic or to taste, peeled and slivered
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs prefer homemade
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- 1 pound Rapini (Broccoli Rabe) rapini, trimmed and washed
- 1 pound Pasta spaghetti, linguine or other long pasta, prefer whole wheat
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- When oil is warm, cook garlic just until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in bread crumbs and cayenne pepper and cook until bread crumbs are golden, about 6 minutes or so.
- Remove and set aside.
- Cook rapini (broccoli rabe) in boiling water until it is soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain well and chop.
- Cook pasta in same pot.
- Meanwhile, add remaining oil to skillet over medium-low heat.
- Stir in broccoli rabe and toss well, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When it is warm, stir in garlic and bread crumbs and stir well.
- When pasta is done, drain it, reserving a little cooking liquid.
- Toss pasta in skillet with broccoli rabe mixture; if sees dry, moisten with a little reserved liquid.
- Season with more salt and black pepper.
- Serve with parmesan.