Brussel Sprouts in Tarragon Mustard Butter (#1675)
Christmas Holidays Side
Share This Recipe
Makeahead Brussel Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
Tarragon Butter Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp Tarragon Leaves dried
- 1 Black Pepper fresh ground, to taste
- Add the water and salt to medium sized pot or saucier pan and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Add the brussel sprouts, cover and reduce heat to minimum. Give the pot or pan a shake to distribute. Braise for 6 to 8 minutes depending on the size of the brussel sprouts. Try to slightly undercook them. There is nothing worse than overcooked mushy sprouts!
- Drain in a colander. If making ahead it is advisable to rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Can be held for several hours in the refrigerator before continuing.
- Add the butter, dijon mustard and tarragon leaves to the pot and heat over medium high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the brussel sprouts to the pot and toss to coat. Cook for about 2 minutes, tossing occasionally to coat until the sprouts are warmed to serving temperature.
- Transfer to a serving dish and add a few grindings of black pepper to taste before serving.