Chickpea, Tomato and Olive Salad (#1672)
Salads Side Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) drained and rinsed, 1 can
- 1 cup Tomatoes vine-ripe, quartered, or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup Olives black or green, or a mixture of both
- 1/2 Tbsp Capers drained and rinsed
- 1 Lettuce end chopped, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Celery sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice plus 1 teaspoon zest
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Cumin ground, or more or less to your own taste
- 1 small Garlic Cloves chopped, optional
- 1/2 tsp Oregano fresh, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- To make the dressing:
- In a food processer, add the celery, lemon juice, lemon zest, red wine vinegar, cumin, garlic and oregano.
- Process until it's finely ground.
- Drizzle in olive oil gradually while the processor is running until well blended.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer the dressing into a small bowl, and set aside.
- The dressing can be made in advance, cover and refrigerate it.
- To make the salad:
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lettuce and 1/4 of the dressing, and gently toss until well coated.
- Divide the lettuce among the serving plates.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, olives and capers along with the remaining dressing into the same mixing bowl. Toss to coat well.
- Place the chickpea mixture on top of the lettuce.