Asparagus Mushroom Quesadilla (#1670)
Lunch Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1 small Yellow Onion peeled and chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms button, or cremini, thinly sliced
- 4 oz Asparagus tough ends snapped off, cut into 1-inch pieces, about 2 cups
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Flour Tortillas, Whole Wheat
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded, dived into 4 equal portions
- 1 Tbsp Pickled Jalapenos drained and chopped, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium size nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Add the onions, stirring occasionally, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are softened and start to become brown.
- Stir in the mushrooms, and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until part of the water is evaporated, and the edges of mushroom start to brown.
- Add the asparagus, stirring often, and cook until the asparagus become tender and brightly green, about 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Place two flour tortillas onto two plates.
- Sprinkle one portion of mozzarella cheese onto each of the half tortilla, then sprinkle with a bit pickled jalapeños if needed.
- Spoon half the vegetable mixture on top of the cheese of each half tortilla.
- Sprinkle remaining each portion of cheese over the veggie mixture.
- Fold the other half tortilla over to form a quesadilla.
- Heat another 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Carefully transfer two assembled quesadillas into the hot pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the bottom layers are golden and brown. Meanwhile preheat the broiler.
- Brush the top layers with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the pan under hot broiler about 5 to 6-inch away from the broiler.
- Watch carefully, and broil until the top layers are browned, 1 to 2 minutes, depending on how hot your broiler is and how close the pan is.
- Remove from the oven with an oven mitt or a thick kitchen towel, the handle of the pan is hot.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board, and cut each into two or three pieces.
- Serve warm with salsa and/or sour cream if needed.