Mushroom Stuffed Tomatoes (#1668)
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Tomatoes ripe, washed
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 5 oz Button Mushrooms finely chopped
- 2 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 1/4 tablespoons Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 1 oz Almonds finely ground
- 1 tsp Thyme chopped fresh
- 1 tsp Parsley Leaves chopped fresh
- 1 Sea Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper ground freshly to taste
- 2 tablespoons Monterey Jack Cheese or swiss cheese, finely grated
- Slice the top off each tomato and carefully scoop out the seeds.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the mushrooms, shallots and garlic for a few minutes.
- Add a couple small dashes of sea salt.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, nuts, herbs, seasoning and cheese.
- Fill the tomatoes with this mixture and replace the tops and cook at 350° f (180° c) f, for about 12 to 16 minutes.