Alabama Cookies (#1666)
Cookies Desserts Nuts
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Rolled Oats regular
- 2 cups Pecans chopped
- 1 cup Crisp Rice Cereal
- 1 cup Coconut flaked
- Cream shortening, gradually add sugars, beating well at medium speed of mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour and salt, add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Stir in oats and remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 325° f (160° c) degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly on cookie sheets, remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make about 6 dozens cookies.