Pesto Salmon and Sea Scallops with Shallot Sauce (#1665)
Salmon Scallops Seafood
Share This Recipe
- 4 tablespoons Basil Pesto
- 4 Salmon Fillets 6 ounces each
- 8 large Sea Scallops
- 4 tablespoons Canola Oil
For The Shallot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter or vegetable oil
- 2 large Shallots fiinely chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cream or milk
- Brush the pesto on top of each salmon fillet.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook salmon and scallops, after about 3 minutes turn over scallops, cook the other side for another 3 minutes. And salmon is cooked at the same time. Do not burn.
- Meanwhile in another small sauce pan, heat butter or oil over medium, cook shallots, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and cook for another 2 minutes, then add cream and cook for another 1 minute.
- Divide sauce onto 4 plates evenly.
- Arrange each salmon fillet and two scallops on top of shallot sauce.
- Serve warm.