Szechwan Curried Chicken (#1664)
Curries Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds Chicken legs and thighs
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Sherry dry
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 dash White Pepper
- 2 Potatoes large, white new
- 1 Onions large
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 Peanuts chopped, or to taste
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions or to taste
- 1 Cucumbers or to taste
- 1 tsp Cilantro or to taste
- Separate legs from thighs, but leave whole.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, sherry, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, stir to coat, and let stand for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Peel potatoes and cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks.
- Cut onion in wide wedges.
- In a wide frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add potato and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes.
- Remove vegetables from drippings and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- When oil is hot, add chicken and cook, turning, until browned on all sides.
- Push chicken to side of pan.
- Add curry powder, turmeric and chili powder to pan juices and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Return vegetables to pan.
- Add chicken broth, coconut milk, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve with rice and pass condiments in separate bowls.