Buttermilk Apple Pancakes (#1662)
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar granulated
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 dash Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp Molasses
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Apples granny smith or other tart apple, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Combine the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, molasses, oil, lemon juice and egg.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Stir until mixed through.
- Do not overmix. Stir in the apple.
- Coat a griddle with the cooking spray and, using a 1/4 cup measure, ladle the batter onto the hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles start to appear on top and the pancakes are browned on the bottom.
- Turn and cook the other side.