Easy Dill Tzatziki (#1657)
Dips Spreads Greek Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp Dill Weed fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp Mint Leaves fresh
- 2 Cucumbers peeled and chopped finely with juice squished out
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Garlic crushed
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt nonfat
- I’ve had a love affair with tzatziki since college. I had a boyfriend in college whose family loved greek food. They would always have a fresh batch of tzatziki at their home, and when we went out to eat, you guessed it, it was greek! I fell in love with the whole menu. They taught me how to make this tangy, refreshing treat, and it has remained a part of me all these years. It is healthy, easy to make, and everyone loves it.
- Peel two cucumbers and chop them up into itty bitty pieces.
- Next put it all in a colander and smash and knead it like crazy to get all the water out.
- You will need to put a towel down because a lot of water will be coming out.
- Put your cucumber into the bowl you will serve with. Add the dill, mint, lemon, and garlic.
- Stir it up. Add the yogurt. Last add the salt bit by bit until desired deliciousness is achieved.
- Next, mmmmmmmm! Hope you love it as much as i do.
- This recipe is bubba (my husband) approved.
- This recipe is from mom around town at http://www. Momaroundtown. Com/2012/02/29/tzatziki/.