Moist Double Corn Cornbread (#1645)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 cup Corn cream style
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 4 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour or you can use half whole wheat pasty and half white flour
- 1 cup Cornmeal yellow
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat 8x8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine buttermilk, corn, soy cheddar, oil and onions; set aside.
- Mix well all dry ingredients, and make a well.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients, and mixed well.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack until you can handle, serve warm.
- Storage in a air-tight container for up to 1 week.