Cheesy Mushroom and Leek Phyllo Tart (#1644)
Appetizers Tarts Main Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 oz Goat (Chevre) Cheese soft, about 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese low-fat
- 2 1/2 tsp Rosemary Leaves freshly chopped
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground to taste
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 large Leeks white part, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced and thoroughly washed
- 4 cups Mushrooms you can use kind, or several kinds mixed, coaresly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 10 sheets Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets 14x18-inch, or 20 (9x14-inch), thawed
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons Bread Crumbs plain and dry
- Mix well goat cheese, ricotta, rosemary and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add leek, mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring, until the leek starts to soften and the mushrooms release their juices, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in wine and simmer until the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- Line a large baking sheet (approximately 12 by 17 inches) with parchment paper.
- Lay one large sheet of phyllo on the prepared pan. (if using the smaller size, slightly overlap two sheets to form a rectangle.)
- Keep the remaining phyllo covered with wax paper or plastic wrap and a damp kitchen towel.
- Lightly brush oil on the phyllo sheet evenly with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon breadcrumbs.
- Repeat the same step, and go on layering the remaining phyllo on top.
- Carefully roll about 3/4 inch of each side toward the center to form the outer rim of the tart.
- Spread the reserved cheese mixture evenly over the phyllo.
- Top with the reserved mushroom mixture evenly.
- Bake the tart until the crust is crispy and brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes until you can handle.
- Lift the parchment paper and slide the tart onto a cutting board or large platter.
- Cut into pieces and serve warm.