Fruity-Nutty Banana, Chocolate Granola Bars (#1641)
Share This Recipe
- 2 Bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Cherries, Dried chopped
- 2 tablespoons Blueberries dried and chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried Apricots chopped
- 1/4 cup Prunes chopped
- 1/4 cup Dried Cranberries chopped
- 1 cup Rolled Oats quick-cooking or rolled
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed freshly ground
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds black
- 1/2 cup Almonds chopped, or other nuts
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet)
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Line a 8 by 8-inch or a similar capacity baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- In a large saucepan, heat together mashed banana and peanut or almond butter over medium heat until slightly bubbles.
- Remove from the heat, add all the dried fruits, oats, ground flax seeds, sesame seeds, and all the nuts into the saucepan.
- Stir with a wooden spatula until well mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepare baking pan, spread the mixture evenly with a rubber spatular, and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the top is firm to touch.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack completely.
- Cut into bars and enjoy.
- The granola bars can be kept in an air-tight container in the frige for at least a week or in the freezer for up to months.