Ultimate Dark Chocolate Mousse (#1637)
Chocolate Desserts Mousses
Share This Recipe
- 4 oz Bittersweet Chocolate finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Instant Coffee, Espresso powder
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Rum
- 1 large Eggs separated
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream well chilled, plus 1 tablespoon
- Add the chocolate, cocoa powder, espresso powder, water, and rum in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan with 1-inch simmering water on a medium-heat stove.
- Stir often until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolk, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, and the salt in a medium bowl until the color of the mixture becomes pale and the consistency becomes thick.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture .
- Whisk until well mixed, add the remaining chocolate mixture, and whisk until well combined.
- Set aside.
- In a large clean bowl of a standing mixture fitted with a whisk attachment, add the egg white, and beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar, and whisk the egg whites at high speed for another a few minutes or until the soft peaks.
- Fold about 1/3 of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a rubber spatular.
- Gently fold in the remaning egg whites until no white spots remain and the mixture is smooth.
- In the same mixing bowl, no need to clean the bowl, pour in the cream, and whisk until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With the same rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the mousse until everything is thoroughly combined and no white spots remain.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 mousse cups or any serving dishes.
- Cover with the clean wrap and chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or until the mousse is set and firm.