Chocolate Maple Pie (#1633)
Cheesecakes Chocolate Desserts Pies
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Almonds ground
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar or sugar
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter cold and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 pound Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet) 8 ounces, or 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 5 large Egg Yolks
- 4 tablespoons Raspberry Jam
- 1/2 cup Almonds sliced and toasted
- To make the crust:
- Add the flour, almonds, sugar, and salt in a food processor, and process until finely ground.
- Add the butter and pulse, just until the dough forms.
- Press the dough over the bottom and all the way up to the sides of an 9-inch pie pan well greased with butter.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or freeze for about 10 minutes until the crust is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Place a piece foil over pie, spread dry beans or rice evenly over the foil.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove the beans and foil, and continue baking on lower rack for another 10 minutes until the crust starts to become brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and set aside.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325° f (160° c).
- To make the filling:
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Add the ricotta cheese and cream cheese in a food processor, process until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks, 1 at a time, and process until smooth.
- Pour the maple syrup in and process until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and process until combined.
- Pour the custard into the crust and bake at 325° f (160° c) for 30 minutes.
- Lower the temperature to 300° f (150° c), and continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes until the pie is almost set and slightly giggle in the centre.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Heat the raspberry jam for about 2 minutes until slightly thinner and easy to spread.
- Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the surface of the pie.
- Arrange the sliced and toasted almonds on top.
- Chill in the frige for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve.