Quick and Easy Apple Dumplings (#1631)
Share This Recipe
- 4 large Granny Smith Apples or other large baking apples, peeled, cored, each sliced into quarters
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar divided
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 stick
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 Refrigerator Biscuits Pillsbury "Grands" flaky layers
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c). Line with parchment or grease a 13" x 9" pan.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 layers (there should be 16 pieces).
- Wrap a biscuit layer around each apple quarter, overlapping the dough and sealing on the bottom.
- Place all of the wrapped "dumplings" in the prepared pan.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, 3/4 cup of the sugar and the butter to a boil over medium-high heat; remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the hot sugar liquid over the dumplings in the pan.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with the ground cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops of the dumplings.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot or warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.