Southern Biscuit Muffins (#1630)
Breads Muffins Cajun
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 pound Unsalted Butter plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup Milk cold
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well, breaking up any lumps.
- Work the butter in by hand until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, making sure no lumps are left.
- Gradually stir in the milk, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do not overbeat.
- Spoon the batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) until golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- The finished muffins should have a thick crust with a cakelike centre.