Cinnamon Plum Tart (#1623)
Desserts Pies Scottish
Share This Recipe
- 8 Plums and quartered
- 1 Pie Shell (9 Inch) 9 inches baked
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolks
- 1 Lemon juice of
- 1/2 cup Sugar granulated
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- This is a famous scottish tart.
- If you use the small purple plums, increase the number to 12.
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Arrange the plums in the pie shell, skin side up.
- In a bowl, beat together, cream, eggs and egg yolk, lemon juice, granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour over the plums.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the plums are softened.
- Mix together the brown sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the tart.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until crusty.
- Serve warm.