Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Baby Peppers (#1621)
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil or canola oil
- 3/4 cup Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Basil Pesto basil, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Walnuts toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes oil packed, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 oz Greek Olives prefer oil-cured, finely chopped
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 32 Sweet Bell Peppers baby, about 2 1/2 inch long, or as needed
- 2/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Put the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cheeses, walnuts, sun-dried tomates, olives, pesto, salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut 1/2-inch from the stem-end of the peppers with a paring knife.
- Remove the seeds and veins.
- Using a small dessert spoon, fill each pepper with the ricotta mixture.
- Arrange the stuffed baby peppers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 16 minutes until the peppers begin to soften.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the peppers are roasting, bring the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, allow the vinegar to simmer for about 10 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Serve the stuffed peppers warm with balsamic glaze drizzled on top.