Pumpkin Cognac Cheesecake (#1619)
Cakes Cheesecakes Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs finely crushed
- 1/4 cup Almonds ground
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp Butter unsalted, melted
- 2 pound Cream Cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cognac
- 3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ginger ground
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Pumpkin Purée (Canned)
- 1 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cognac
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Almonds sliced, toasted, for garnish
- Generously grease a 10-inch springform pan with vegetable shortening.
- To prepare the crust, thoroughly combine crumbs, ground almonds, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, and melted butter.
- Press firmly into bottom of the greased springform pan.
- Set aside.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees.
- To prepare filling, beat softened cream cheese smooth in mixer.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add cognac, maple syrup, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Add cream and pumpkin.
- Mix well.
- Pour filling into unbaked crust, and smooth the top.
- Bake for two hours, until soft but firm.
- Shake pan slightly.
- Cake should not wiggle.
- Remove and let cool on a rack for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, heat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- To prepare topping.
- Combine sour cream, sugar, cognac and maple syrup.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Spread topping on cooled cheesecake.
- Return assembled cheesecake to oven for 7 minutes.
- Remove and let cheesecake cool on a rack for at least 4 hours at room temperature before removing sides of springform pan.
- Garnish outer edge of cake with toasted almond slices.
- To serve, slice cheesecake with warm knife.