Smoky Black Bean, Corn and Cheddar Quesadillas (#1618)
Mexican Main Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Chipotle Chili Peppers in adobo sauce, canned, chopped
- 1/2 cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Corn frozen or fresh
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Flour Tortillas, Whole Wheat or regular tortillas
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 2/3 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Salsa to serve, optional
- Heat the oil in a 8-inch skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add the onions, stirring often, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the onions are soft and browned.
- Stir in the garlic, chipotle pepper with sauce, black bean and corn, and cook for about 3 minutes until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place the flour tortillas on a cutting board or a flat working surface.
- Arrange half amount of black bean-corn filling onto one side of each tortilla.
- Spread it evenly to cover half of the tortilla, and leave about 1/2-inch space between the filling and the edges.
- Sprinkle equal amount of scallions and cheddar cheese on top of black bean-corn filling.
- Fold the other half of each tortilla over. Press to close.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet at medium heat.
- Place two assembled quesadillas side by side into the skillet.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese melts and the bottom side starts to become brown.
- Carefully flip the quesadillas to the other side with a large spatula, and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden and brown, and cheese completely melts.
- Place on serving plates, and cut into wedges.
- Serve warm with salsa if needed.