Garlicky - Soy Rapini (Broccoli Rabe) (#1617)
Side Gluten Free Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Rapini (Broccoli Rabe) about half bunch, well washed, ends chopped, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil or any vegetable oil
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and freshly minced
- 1/2 gallon Ginger peeled and freshly minced
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes or as needed
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Blanch the broccoli rabe with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes or until the color becomes brightly green.
- Drain well and transfer to the iced water to stop the rapini from continually cooking.
- Drain again, then squeeze as much excess water as possible.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes if using, stirring frequently, and cook for about 1 minute until very fragrant.
- Add the squeezed rapini into the skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes until well coated.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar and cook for 1 more minute.
- Adjust the seasonings by adding more soy sauce, vinegar or sesame oil if needed.
- Remove from the heat, and sprinkle with sesame seeds.