Open-Faced Sandwich with Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil (#1616)
Sandwiches Breakfast Lunch Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 medium Tomatoes
- 16 oz Mozzarella Cheese 3 fresh balls
- 4 loaf Bread ciabatta buns, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 cup Basil Pesto
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper
- 32 Basil leaves
- Core the tomatoes and slice each tomato and each ball of mozzarella into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the sliced ciabatta loaves on a work surface, and spread each half evenly with 2 tablespoons pesto.
- Put 4 slices of tomato and 3 slices mozzarella side by side on the top of each half loaf and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top each sandwich with 4 basil leaves.
- Slice each half loaf crosswise into 4 serving portions, making sure that each piece has a slice of tomato, mozzarella and a basil leaf.