Christmas Petticoat Tails (#1611)
Cookies Desserts Christmas Holidays
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 large Eggs oor 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons Milk or cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, divide into half.
- Mix egg, milk, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl or a measuring cup.
- Cream sugar with butter until lightened and smooth.
- Beat egg mixture into creamed butter until just combined, scoop half of the mixture out and mix with the half of the dry ingredients to make the butter cookie dough.
- Add both of the melted chocolate into the other half the creamed sugar in the mixer, mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and beat until mixture begins to clump together, 18 to 20 seconds on lowest speed of electric mixer. Do not over mix. Or you can use hand to finish this step as well.
- Turn both of the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead gently to shape into two soft doughs.
- Doughs can be wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen up to 6 months.
- Divide dough into sixths.
- Working with one portion at a time, roll dough into an 8 1/2 by 9-inch circle on parchment paper.
- Invert an 8-inch tart pan (or use an 8-inch pie pan to cut dough circle, then crimp perimeter with a fork.)
- Using a pastry cutter or a sharp knife, cut the dough circle into 8 wedges.
- Prick dough all over with fork.
- Bake the round at 350° f (180° c) degrees until golden, about 16 minutes.
- While cookie is still warm, use pastry wheel or sharp knife to reestablish original cut marks.
- Transfer wedges to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Dip in melted chocolate, if desired.