Shortbread Cookies (#1610)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 pound Butter softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar confectioners'
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Cream butter in mixer until smooth.
- Add confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and salt and add, combining thoroughly.
- Roll with rolling pin 1/4 inch thick, cut (they suggest 1x2 rectangles; i rather prefer flowers or animals or something), place on ungreased baking sheet and prick with fork.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c) for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on rack. (can also dust with a little sugar before baking).