Twice-Baked Potatoes (#1608)
Share This Recipe
- 2 medium Potatoes baking
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp Butter or margarine
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 1 Milk
- 1 Paprika optional
- Scrub baking potatoes with a brush.
- Prick with a fork in several places.
- Place potatoes in a shallow baking dish.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 6 to 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Cut a lengthwise slice from the top of each potato.
- Discard the skin from the lengthwise slices, place the potato portions from the lengthwise slices in a mixing bowl.
- Scoop out the insides of the potatoes leaving two 1/4 inch thick shells; reserve the shells.
- Add the insides of the potatoes to the mixing bowl containing the potato portions from the top slices; mash.
- Stir in shredded cheddar cheese, butter or margarine and sliced green onion.
- Beat in enough milk to give the mixture a stiff consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pile the mashed potato mixture into the reserved potato shells.
- Return to the shallow baking dish.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 2 to 3 minutes or until potato mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.