Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Sun-dried Tomato and Artichoke Hearts (#1605)
Pastas Salads Main Side Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Penne Pasta or as needed, preferably whole wheat
- 1/2 Red Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes oil packed, drained, plus 2 tablespoons oil from jar
- 1/2 cup Artichoke Hearts marinated, drained, plus 2 tablespoons marinade
- 1/4 cup Black Olives drained, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Basil fresh leaves
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta for 10 to 12 minutes or until reach desired consistency.
- Reserve 1 cup of cooking water, drain well, and set aside.
- Meanwhile prepare the other ingredients, slice the artichoke hearts if it's too big; slice or chop the sun-dried tomatoes if they are too big.
- In a large mixing bowl, add red onions, sun-dried tomatoes with oil, artichoke hearts with marinade, black olives, feta cheese, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss until well combined.
- Once the pasta is done, add to the mixing bowl, stir with a wooden spatula until evenly mixed.
- You may need to add a bit pasta-cooking water if it seems a bit dry.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Divide among the serving plates, and top with fresh basil leaves.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Note: The salad can be made a few hours or one day in advance, wrap it with a plastic wrap, and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.