Oatmeal and Berry Pancakes (#1598)
Breakfast Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 3/4 cups Low-Fat Milk
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 2 large Eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp Turbinado Sugar or sugar
- 2 tsp Orange Zest freshly grated
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Seeds ground
- 1 1/2 cups Berries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Walnuts chopped
- 1 Butter or oil for frying
- 1 Maple Syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, milk and orange juice until well combined.
- Set aside for about 15 minutes until the oats soften.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs, butter, and oil, whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into the oats mixture.
- In the same small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and cardamom.
- Add the flour mixture to the oats-egg mixture, stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and no dry spot is left.
- Stir in the berries and walnuts.
- Heat a griddle pan or a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add about 1 teaspoon of butter or oil on cooking each batch, brush it to cover the pan evenly.
- Pour the batter in 1/4 cupfuls onto the heated griddle or pan.
- Cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Put the cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in a 200 degrees f oven to keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes.
- Serve with maple syrup drizzled on top.