Baked Eggplant Appetizer (#1596)
Appetizers Dips Spreads Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 large Eggplant
- 1 Olive Oil
- 1 large Onions peeled and quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves unpeeled
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers halved and seeded
- 1 tsp Oregano fresh, chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 oz Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves fresh, chopped
- 1 Pita Bread or crackers
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Halve eggplant lengthwise. Brush all sides with olive oil. Place halves cut-side down on a baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes. Brush onion, garlic and red pepper with oil; add to eggplant. Bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool eggplant; scoop out flesh and place in a food processor or wooden bowl. Squeeze garlic pulp from skins, peel red pepper, and add to eggplant along with onion, oregano, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Process or finely chop by hand. Do not puree.
- Mix in 3 oz. Of the feta cheese. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining feta cheese around the edge of mixture; mound parsley in the center.
- Serve with pita bread or crackers.
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings.