Broccoli, Olives and Feta Pasta Salad (#1592)
Pastas Salads Italian Side Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 pound Pasta rotini or bow-tie works best
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pounds Broccoli Florets
- 1/4 cup Sundried Tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup Walnuts toasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley chopped
- 3 oz Feta Cheese crumbled
- Add 3 teaspoons of salt to 3 quarts of water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta stir once or twice and cook until al dente, or slightly uncooked to your preference. Drain and return to the pot. Reserve 1 cup coking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high. Add the broccoli florets and 1/2 cup of water, cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until the broccoli turns bright green, remove cover and continue cooking until the broccoli is tender-crisp (as desired) and the water has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and add the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, walnuts and parsley.
- Transfer the broccoli mixture to the pot with the pasta. Toss to combine, then add the remaining olive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss again to combine.
- If the pasta salad seems a bit dry, add some reserved cooking water, a little at a time until it reaches desired consistency.
- Serve with crumbled feta.