Easy Beef Stir Fry (Low Fat) (#1589)
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Sirloin Steak lean, boneless, trimmed, and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 2 tsp Ginger Root peeled, minced
- 1/4 tsp Orange Zest grated
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce low-sodium
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 pound Snow Pea Pods snow pea pods, trimmed, strings removed
- 1/2 cup Mung Bean Sprouts fresh
- 1/2 cup Celery sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers red pepper, sliced into strips
- 3 cups Brown Rice cooked
- In a large zip-lock plastic bag, combine ginger root, orange rind, orange juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Zip bag and mix thoroughly to make marinade. Add meat strips and place in refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove meat strips and add cornstarch to remaining marinade. Zip bag and mix cornstarch into marinade.
- Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Add meat strips and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Remove from skillet. Drizzle sesame oil over skillet. Add snow peas, bean sprouts, celery and pepper and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add steak strips and reserved marinade and stir-fry an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mixture should be slightly thickened. Serve over rice. Makes 6 servings. Each serving has about 250 calories and 5 grams of fat.