Stained Glass Valentine's Day Cookies (#1587)
Cookies Desserts American
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Candy Lollipops (Red Dum Dum pops)
- 1 Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c) f.
- Unwrap dum dum pops and place lollipops in a zipper bag and gently pressing with a rolling pin. This will separate the sucker from the sticks. Press the batch into small-medium pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and airy. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together separately. Then, add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inch (30 cm) diameter x 1/8 inch (2mm) thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use.
- Using a smaller cookie cutter or a knife, cut shapes into centers of cookies, reserving these center bits to add into extra dough.
- Place these on a baking sheet, covered in parchment paper. Once the cookie dough is placed on the sheet, put a teaspoon of crushed dum dum pops into the center of each cookie.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 8 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool completely before removing from the parchment paper.