Kourabiedes--a Greek traditional recipe (#1583)
Cookies Desserts Pastries Greek
Share This Recipe
- 3 stick Unsalted Butter clarified
- 1/2 cup Sugar powder
- 5 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Ouzo
- One cup of unsalted butter.
- Clarify the butter and to it add 1/2 cup powder sugar, 5 1/2 cups of flour, 1 tea spoon vanilla, 1 cup almonds and 1 table spoon ouzo.
- Mix lightly by hand.
- Once the mixture whitens, make small balls and place them in a pre-heated oven at 350° f (180° c) for 30 minutes.
- Remove the balls from the oven and roll them in powder sugar.
- When they cool down, they are ready to serve.