Asian Beet and Carrot Salad (#1574)
Side Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 6 Beets golden or red
- 3 cups Carrots peeled, and slice into 1/8 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce or to taste
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar or as needed
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil or as needed
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeped and freshly grated
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro freshly chopped
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions finely chopped
- 1 Hot Chili Peppers freshly chopped, optional
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c) f and bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Wash the beet well and pat dry.
- Place the beets on a large piece of foil, drizzle a bit olive oil, sprinkle with some salt and black pepper.
- Wrap up the beets and roast for about 1 hour, or until fork tender.
- While beets are cooking, add all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Allow the beets to cool enough to handle, peel the skins off.
- Chop the beets into wedges and place into the same large bowl with the dressing.
- Slice the carrots on the bias about 1/8” thick, blanch the carrots in the boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Add them into the bowl with the beets and dressing.
- Toss beets, carrots and dressing until well coated.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- The salad can be made 1 or 2 days ahead.