Fresh Blueberry Crumb Pie (#1573)
Share This Recipe
- 1 Pie Shell (9 Inch) unbaked
- 3/4 cup Sugar granulated white
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest grated
- 4 cups Blueberries fresh
- 2/3 cup Light Brown Sugar packed
- 3/4 cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons Butter cut into cubes, cold
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- In a large bowl, combine the white sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Gently mix in the blueberries. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter cubes until it resembles coarse crumbs. Spread evenly over blueberry filling.
- Bake in preheated oven in the lower third of oven for 20 minutes; raise to middle rack of oven and continue baking for another 20 to 30 minutes, covering edges of crust, if necessary, to prevent burning, until browned on top. Cool on rack.