Salmon Pinwheels (#1571)
Appetizers Salmon Seafood
Share This Recipe
- 12 large Flour Tortillas
- 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine, soft
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice fresh
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper ground
- 1 sprigs Dill Weed, Fresh fresh, or dill pickle spears cut thin
- 1 Smoked Salmon one large package, moist, thinly sliced
- Mix together cream cheese, butter, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Spread the tortillas, one at a time, with this mixture.
- Lay the smoked salmon slices, slightly overlapping, over the cream cheese mixture, leaving one edge of the cream cheese uncovered, this acts as the "glue" to hold the tortilla together when rolled.
- Lay fresh dill sprigs or dill pickle spears down one edge; starting with this edge, roll up tightly, "gluing" tortilla together at the end with the uncovered edge of cream cheese.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill, at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, unwrap and slice about 1/2 inch thick on a slight diagonal.
- Turkey breast pinwheels with sundried tomato spread same as above, except substitute very thinly sliced turkey breast for the salmon, omit lemon juice from cream cheese mixture and add 1/4 cup oil packed sundried tomatoes, finely chopped; use watercress in place of dill. You may have tortillas left over, use the amount of spread for each which gives a uniform covering with no tortilla showing through, but also not to thick!! if you like capers, they are wonderful added to the spread for the salmon pinwheels.