Cherry and White Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Ice Cream (#1570)
Chocolate Desserts Ice Creams Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tsp Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 3 cups 1% Milk divided
- 3 large Egg Yolks
- 14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk nonfat
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 2 oz Chocolate Unsweetened chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips or chunks
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a small bowl, let stand, stirring once or twice, while you make the base for the ice cream.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups milk into a large saucepan.
- Add cocoa and chocolate to the milk.
- Heat the milk mixture over medium heat until steaming.
- Whisk egg yolks and condensed milk in a medium bowl.
- Gradually pour in the hot milk, whisking until blended.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the back of the spoon is lightly coated, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do not bring to a boil otherwise the custard will curdle.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean large bowl.
- Stir in the softened gelatin and whisk until melted.
- Whisk in the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours or over night.
- Whisk the ice cream mixture and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- During the last 5 minutes of freezing, add cherries and white chocolate chips or chunks to the ice cream maker.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer to firm up before serving if desired.