Japanese Pumpkin Frittata Served with Bush Tomato Chutney (#1568)
Appetizers Australian Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 large Pumpkin Japanese
- 3 large Zucchini
- 1 large Eggplant
- 3 large Sweet Red Bell Peppers
- 6 large Eggs
- 250 ml Cream
- 1 bunch Arugula (Roquette) wild
- 1 Chutney 1 package, bush tomato
- 1 Herbs and spices, to taste
- Rub the pumpkin with oil and sprinkle with salt; place in the oven 180°c for 30 to 40 minutes.
- While it is cooking slice the vegetables and char grill them until soft, turning often.
- Whisk the eggs and add the cream and alpine pepper.
- Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and season the inside flesh with fruit spice – this really brings up the fruity notes of pumpkin and adds a lot to the finished dish.
- Begin layering the vegetables using a different spice on each layer – i used australian wildfire spice, red desert dust, lemon myrtle and rainforest rub on the layers.
- Pour in your egg mixture and place in the oven at 180°c for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Test if it is cooked by lightly shaking the tray; if the centre doesn’t wobble it is ready or you could use the old trick of sticking a skewer in the centre if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Wash the rocket in cold water and shake dry.
- Cut a slice of the frittata and serve with bush tomato chutney on the side.