Bananas 'n Cream Bundt Cake (#1567)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 1 1/4 cups Bananas over ripe, about 3 medium
- 1 cup Sour Cream or plain yogurt, 8 ounces
- 3/4 cup Walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 Powdered Sugar for dusting, optional
- "this is my very slightly up-dated version of mom's now famous cake."
- Preheat oven to 350°f. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the first 4 dry ingredients; set aside.
- Measure out the shortening and sugar; set aside.
- Chop and measure out nuts; set aside.
- Mash and measure out bananas; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Add bananas and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until combined.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350°f for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Yield 12 to 16 servings.
- Note: Many have said that their families loved the addition of chocolate chips to this recipe.
- Nutrition facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.