Low-Fat Whipped Topping (Home-made) (#1562)
Share This Recipe
- 1 tsp Unflavored Gelatin unflavored
- 2 tsp Water
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- 1/4 cup Non Fat Powdered Milk
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Soften gelatin in water for 5 minutes.
- Stir nonfat dry milk into skim milk in saucepan.
- Heat to simmering.
- Add softened gelatin.
- Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Beat with electric mixer or rotary beater until very thick and light.
- Makes 2 cups.
- Note: Whipped topping may be stored in refrigerator for use within several days or can be frozen for longer storage.