Balsamic Roasted Chicken Breast with Carrots and Potatoes (#1561)
Share This Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 2 Chicken Breast Halves (Boneless Skinless)
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar divided
- 1 Potatoes one large size, or two medium ones, peeled if needed, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 Carrots peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 Red Onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450° f (230° c), and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a plate, sprinkle salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over chicken breast, and spread the vinegar evenly to coat the breast.
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts into now-hot pan, and brown both sides for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Meanwhile place potato chunks, carrots, red onion and garlic onto a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar over the vegetables, season with salt and black pepper.
- Toss until evenly coated, then arrange the veggies into a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the browned chicken breasts onto the baking sheet at the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Roast until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees f.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Divide between two serving plates. Season with more salt and black pepper if needed.
- Serve warm.