Yogurt Naan (#1559)
Breads Asian Indian
Share This Recipe
- 3 1/3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Active Dry Yeast dried, package
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds or poppy seeds
- 2/3 cups Plain Yogurt plain, natural
- 1 cup Water warm
- 2 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 All-Purpose Flour for rolling
- 1 Vegetable Oil for cooking
- Sift flour into a big bowl.
- Add the yeast and salt and stir in the seeds.
- Mix the yogurt, water and butter together and stir into the flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Put the dough back in the bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size. (2 to 4 hours depending on the warmth of the room.)
- Punch down dough and knead for 1 minute.
- Cut it into 8 equal pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Sprinkle a little four on work surface and roll each ball out to an oval shape.
- Heat a griddle or heavy based frying pan until quite hot, brush it lightly with some oil, and cook each bread for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Keep the breads warm, wrapped in a clean tea towel.