Raspberry Crepes with Creamy Orange Syrup (#1556)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 oz Cream Cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour or half whole wheat and half all-purpose flour
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 1% Milk or any milk you have on hand, or non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven too 200 degrees f.
- Mix the raspberries, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil on high.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low or low to maintain a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray or slightly brush with vegetable oil.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, add all the crepe ingredients together, and whisk until well mixed.
- Once the skillet is hot, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet.
- Immediately tilt the pan to make sure that the batter spreads evenly and covers up the pan.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the edges are golden, and the crepe has set.
- Flip it over, and cook the other side for another 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. Place the cooked crepes onto a large baking sheet, and put into the preheated oven to keep warm.
- While the crepes are cooking, prepare the creamy orange syrup:
- Add the cream cheese, honey and orange juice in another small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high, whisk constantly until the syrup is smooth.
- Reduce to low to keep it warm.
- To serve:
- Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of raspberry sauce in the middle of each crepe.
- Roll it up, place on the serving plate. Repeat until all the crepes are assembled.
- Drizzle creamy orange syrup over crepes, and serve warm.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of berry filling in center of 1 crepe. Spoon about 1 tablespoon sauce over berries. Roll up; place on serving plate. Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Pour remaining sauce over crepes.