Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Shallots (#1552)
Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 24 small Shallots
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 2 pounds Brussels Sprouts preferably small
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Preheat oven to 375° f.
- Peel shallots, leaving the root ends intact so they'll hold together.
- Arrange on a large sheet of foil, drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over the top.
- Seal the packet and bake until the shallots are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from foil and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves from brussels sprouts and trim the stems.
- Cut the small sprouts in half and quarter the larger ones.
- Transfer the shallots and brussels sprouts in a roasting pan.
- Toss with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and salt.
- Increase oven temperature to 400° f.
- Roast, tossing twice during cooking, until the brussels sprouts are tender and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.