Savory Spring Phyllo Tarts (#1551)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil for brushing
- 1 cup Asparagus finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Tarragon Leaves freshly chopped, or more to taste, or you can use 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Salt And Black Pepper or to taste
- 4 Phyllo (Filo) Pastry Sheets frozen, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c) degree.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Toss vegetables with cheese and tarragon to combine, set aside.
- Whisk milk with eggs, mustard, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Lay phyllo sheets on a clean cutting-bored or a working surface.
- Use a knife or a pizza wheel, cut into 8 equal squares.
- Line 8 of the muffin cups with phyllo squares, putting the 4 layers in, one by one, with the corners staggered and brushing lightly with oil between layers and on the final layer.
- You will need to crumple them to get them right inside the muffin tin.
- Prepare phyllo cups for blind baking by firmly pressing a second muffin pan over the first or lining each cup with a bit of parchment papper weighed down with raw beans or pie weights.
- Bake for 11 minutes.
- Divide the reserved vegetables and cheese evenly among pre-baked phyllo cups.
- Pour an equal amount of egg mixture into each cup.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or uuntil set.
- Cool slightly and serve warm.