Old-Fashioned Macaroni and Cheese (#1550)
Pastas American Main Side
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Elbow Macaroni cooked and drained (2 cups)
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup Bread Crumbs dry
- 1 Tbsp Butter or margarine, melted
- Melt butter or margarine over low heat; stir in flour and remove from heat.
- Add milk, stirring constantly. Return to stovetop; over low heat cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened.
- Stir in cheese and continue coooking until cheese is melted.
- Pour milk and cheese mixture over macaroni and mix well.
- Turn into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with melted tablespoon of margarine.
- Sprinkle with buttered crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350° f (180° c) until top is golden brown.