P.F. Chang's Roasted Chicken Cantonese Style (#1549)
Chinese Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 4 pounds Whole Chicken whole, fresh
- 4 oz Ginger Root
- 2 tablespoons Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 3 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions whole
- 5 star Star Anise
- 1 Orange Zest peel of an orange
- 3 oz Black Bean Sauce ground bean sauce
Bath For Chicken
- 3 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons White Vinegar
- Rinse and clean cavity of chicken.
- Peel and dice fresh ginger root.
- Mix together diced ginger, five spice powder, green onion, star anise, ground bean sauce and orange peel.
- Fill cavity of chicken with mixed ingredients. Then truss the chicken with a skewer.
- Hang the chicken on hook in refrigerator.
- "bath" the chicken with water and baking soda.
- Brush with honey and vinegar.
- Hang the chicken in the refrigerator for three days, brushing twice daily with honey and vinegar.
- Bake at 325° f (160° c) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until 165 to 170 internal degrees f.
- Cut and serve.